Thursday, September 18, 2008

Top 10 reasons to write at home



10. Piles of dogs and cats at my feet, adoring me, and following me around the house.
9. Snack breaks.
8. Reading for pleasure has become "research."
7. Great benefits, employee discount, flexible hours (wait, that was if I worked for Target.     Nevermind.) Ok...flexible hours still applies.
6. Extra opportunities to tidy the house (HAHAHAHA that was funny. I said tidy!)
5. Productivity is relative. For instance, if this top 10 is all I get done in 5 hours, I can still claim to have been productive today! Because in the other 4 hours and 45 minutes, i was doing "research."
4. Saving money on gas and lunches out. So what if that means I live on cereal? I'm conserving!
3. www.icanhascheezburger.com. Priceless.
2. Taking pictures of deer in my yard while naked. Yes, I can do that in the country! (ok, so I'm in my house and they're outside, but still...)
1. Save money on psychotherapy, because writing  a memoir is the cheapest form of self analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment