Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Snapshot

A snapshot in time, captured. I am laying in Skylar's bed, the farthest from the kids, in the quietest room in the house. I am reading my newest book, "Confessions of A Mommy Handler" which is about a gay man working in a prep school, managing the Mean Mommies who are the bane of his closeted existence. I've got the winter blues already, and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. My thoughts today have consisted of "What is the point" and "Why bother" and other uplifting gems. And then, out the window, I see my dear friend Jason pull up. And then I see Hayden, in his Batman underwear, run outside, up the steep slope of our driveway, to greet Jason with enthusiasm he reserves for the only male adult who is purely here to play with him. It is 55 degrees outside. I laugh, and get up to greet him, remembering, this is the point. This is why I bother. My friends and family are the reason. Good thing I took a nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment